TICKETS FOR THIS EVENT HAVE SOLD OUT
If you already have your tickets and will be attending the event on October 7:
- There is metered street parking in that region of Brookline, and the meters take quarters.
- We'll start handing out tickets at 4:30, and the doors will open at 6:30.
- If you're planning to take the T, it's at the Kent Street stop on the Green Line C Branch.
Join Rick Riordan to celebrate the launch of the final book in the Heroes of Olympus series!
This event takes place at Temple Ohabei Shalom. Tickets are required. See below for all the details.
About the book: Though the Greek and Roman crewmembers of the Argo II have made progress in their many quests, they still seem no closer to defeating the earth mother, Gaea. Her giants have risen-all of them-and they're stronger than ever. They must be stopped before the Feast of Spes, when Gaea plans to have two demigods sacrificed in Athens. She needs their blood-the blood of Olympus-in order to wake.
The demigods are having more frequent visions of a terrible battle at Camp Half-Blood. The Roman legion from Camp Jupiter, led by Octavian, is almost within striking distance. Though it is tempting to take the Athena Parthenos to Athens to use as a secret weapon, the friends know that the huge statue belongs back on Long Island, where it might be able to stop a war between the two camps.
The Athena Parthenos will go west; the Argo II will go east. The gods, still suffering from multiple personality disorder, are useless. How can a handful of young demigods hope to persevere against Gaea's army of powerful giants? As dangerous as it is to head to Athens, they have no other option. They have sacrificed too much already. And if Gaea wakes, it is game over.
About the event:
- The book launch is at Temple Ohabei Shalom, on Beacon Street in Brookline. There is parking available, and the temple is also T-accessible: take the C branch of the Green Line (Cleveland Circle) to Kent Street.
- Tickets are $5 each. Every person attending the event must have a ticket. Tickets are available through our website and in the store.
- Tickets are limited to 4 per customer at this time.
- Signed copies of Blood of Olympus will be available for purchase. You can purchase a copy ahead of time or buy one that evening.