- Kids & Teens
- Programs & Events
- Gift Cards
- My Account
Does someone you know love New York City? Give them a quilt with a spectacular view of it This book shows how to make 11 mostly pieced structures, using the author's unique method developed specifically for architecture. The edges are turned under DURING piecing, rather than afterwards.
Each building can then easily be appliqu d by hand or machine - to something small, like a baby quilt, wallhanging or pillow - or to a bigger project, like the two quilt patterns in this book. Included in the book:
- Illustrated step-by-step instructions for piecing and appliqu ing 11 structures, inspired by some of New York City's most thrilling, iconic, and thought-provoking buildings.
- Scrap friendly Most buildings don't require much fabric, and can be made from your stash.
- Make your quilt "modern" with solids, or for added fun and texture, choose geometrics, including plaids.
- Improv-friendly directions. Use the book's measurements or do it your way.
- New York City-themed free-motion quilting designs.
- Two large wallhanging-size quilt patterns, plus ideas for more projects, small or large.
This book is for confident beginners and beyond, but even the most experienced quilters will learn from the author's approach to cityscapes.