A mind-blowing visual journey through the legends, legacy, and lore of marijuana, including fun facts, engrossing stories, and 100 mouthwatering portraits of the most popular strains out there.Higher
breaks through the cloud of confusion around marijuana with a clear, concise, and comprehensive breakdown of bud. The culmination of significant research and conversation within the cannabis community, Higher
offers portraits of the 100 most popular strains of yesterday and today, including intel on lineage, taste, THC content, and common effects, as well as stories about the misfits, visionaries, hijinks, and happenings that make cannabis so entertaining. Topics include:
- Origin Stories: The rise and spread of modern cannabis, from its emergence in the Hippie Trail of Central Asia up to the present-day Emerald Triangle in California.
- Prohibition: A historical timeline from legal to illegal and back to legal, including the “Marihuana Tax Act,” the war on drugs, medical marijuana, and the end of prohibition.
- Anatomy: A complete breakdown of the plant’s unique and complex botany.
- Breeding: The evolution of cannabis, from “wild” landraces and the first domesticated crops to the invention of sinsemilla and hydroponic hybrids.
- Consumption: All the ways humans have imbibed through the ages—eating, smoking, rolling, vaping, tinctures, and so much more.
- Strains: The world’s most important and influential cannabis strains ever created, including profiles of fifty classic and fifty modern strains.
Featuring stunning, whole-plant photography, Higher
offers the eye candy and sound information today’s diverse and discerning cannabis enthusiast wants.