**Tickets for this event have sold out!! Please do continue to submit questions for Sonia Sotomayor at the form below and we encourage you to pre-purchase your books at the purchasing links at the bottom of this page. We'll have them ready for you at the event!**
Please join Porter Square Books at the Somerville Theater on Thursday, September 12th at 7pm for an evening with U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor to celebrate the launch of her new picture book, Just Ask! Be Different, Be Brave, Be You. Sonia Sotomayor will appear in conversation with Harvard Law professor Martha Minow, answer questions submitted in advance by the audience, and sign copies of her books.
In Just Ask, Sonia Sotomayor and award-winning artist Rafael López have created a kind and caring book about the differences that make each of us unique.
Feeling different, especially as a kid, can be tough. But in the same way that different types of plants and flowers make a garden more beautiful and enjoyable, different types of people make our world more vibrant and wonderful. Just Ask celebrates the different abilities kids (and people of all ages) have. Using her own experience as a child who was diagnosed with diabetes, she writes about children with all sorts of challenges--and looks at the special powers those kids have as well. As the kids work together to build a community garden, asking questions of each other along the way, this book encourages readers to do the same: When we come across someone who is different from us but we're not sure why, all we have to do is Just Ask.
We’re honored to share this very special evening with our community! Please note the following guidelines and details to ensure a wonderful evening for all.
- The event takes place at 7pm, and doors will open at 5:30pm.
- To avoid distracting others during the event, photos and the use of recording or electronic devices will not be allowed. No large bags or backpacks are permitted into the event. All bags are subject to search.
- Your ticket covers your entry to the talk! In order to join the signing line after the talk, you must have a copy or Just Ask or the Spanish language edition, ¡Solo pregunta!. We encourage you to preorder the book in English or Spanish through the links at the bottom of this page, and we will have your order ready for you to pick up at the event! Books will also be available for purchase day-of at the event, but we recommend ordering in advance.
- If you’d like to get other books signed in addition to Just Ask or ¡Solo pregunta!, Sonia Sotomayor will also sign copies of her previous titles (My Beloved World, Mi mundo adorado, Turning Pages, Pasando páginas, The Beloved World of Sonia Sotomayor, and El mundo adorado de Sonia Sotomayor). Purchase links can also be found below.
- If you are unable to wait through the signing line, we will have pre-signed copies of the books available! Please preorder your copies below and comment in the notes that you’d like it pre-signed. Sonia Sotomayor will not be personalizing books.
- Photos at the signing will not be permitted in order to make sure that everyone can get their book signed.
- Sonia Sotomayor will be taking audience questions submitted in advance via the form below! We ask that you submit your question at least two weeks in advance.
- Yes, families and children are welcome!! We can’t wait to see you all there.
THE DEADLINE FOR PREORDING BOOKS TO PICK UP AT THE EVENT IS 3PM. (You will be able to purchase books at the event as well.)
Please reach out to email@example.com with any questions about the event.
If you’d like to ask Justice Sotomayor a question, here’s your chance! Please fill out the form below and submit your question prior to the event, and your question may be selected for Justice Sotomayor to answer on-stage at Somerville Theater on Thursday, September 12th.