**We're sorry, this event is sold out! If you'd like to join the waitlist in case more tickets are released, you may do so here.**
Join Porter Square Books for a very special opportunity - a talk and book reading with Senator Elizabeth Warren to celebrate the release of her new picture book, Pinkie Promises! A Q&A will take place at the conclusion of the talk. This inspiring picture book reminds young readers to dream big. This event takes place in person and outdoors at the Cambridge Friends School on Sunday, October 17th at 3pm. This event is ticketed, and space is limited. Please see below for full ticketing details!
Polly knows she's strong and capable. But whenever she offers to help her uncle or brother or neighbor, they tell her: "That's not what girls do."
Then one day, Polly goes to a rally to meet a woman who's running for president, and they make a pinkie promise to remember all the things that girls do. Polly carries that promise with her at school, onto the soccer field, and even into an election for Class President! This inspiring story will encourage young readers to dream big.
Elizabeth Warren, the widely admired former presidential candidate, is the senior senator from Massachusetts. She is the author of a dozen books, including A Fighting Chance and This Fight Is Our Fight, both of which were national bestsellers. The mother of two and grandmother of three, she lives in Cambridge, Massachusetts, with her husband, Bruce Mann, and their beloved dog, Bailey.
We’re honored to share this very special afternoon with our community! Please note the following guidelines and details to ensure a wonderful experience for all.
- You may choose between two ticket options: "1 ticket, 1 book" entitles one attendee entry to the event, plus a copy of Pinkie Promises. "2 tickets, 1 book" includes entry for two into the event, plus one copy of the book (great for families!). All books will be pre-signed by Senator Warren! The book included with your ticket will be picked up at the event itself.
- This event takes place at 3pm, and "doors" will open at 2:30pm. The program will run an hour in total.
- This event takes place outdoors. Distanced seating will be provided, but we ask you to please wear a mask due to the presence of unvaccinated young children at the event.
- To avoid distracting others during the event, photos and the use of recording or electronic devices will not be allowed. No large bags or backpacks are permitted into the event. All bags are subject to search.
- Additional books will be available for purchase at the event itself.
- A Q&A will take place after the Senator concludes her talk!
- Please note that when you place your ticket order, you will recieve an automated email from our website, followed by an official confirmation email from one of our booksellers, recapping all of these details!
We're sorry that in order to keep this event safe, we need to keep it small, and not everyone will be able to get a ticket - we appreciate your understanding!
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the event.