Pete Souza signs copies of his new book Shade on Thursday, December 13.
Tickets are required for the signing line. One ticket is included when you purchase a copy of Shade. (Scroll down for more details.)
Pete will be personalizing books. And even better, if you have his previous book Obama: An Intimate Portrait, he'll sign one copy per person.
As Chief Official White House Photographer, Pete Souza spent more time alongside President Barack Obama than almost anyone else. His years photographing the President gave him an intimate behind-the-scenes view of the unique gravity of the Office of the Presidency--and the tremendous responsibility that comes with it.
Now, as a concerned citizen observing the Trump administration, he is standing up and speaking out.
Shade is a portrait in Presidential contrasts, telling the tale of the Obama and Trump administrations through a series of visual juxtapositions. Here, more than one hundred of Souza's unforgettable images of President Obama deliver new power and meaning when framed by the tweets, news headlines, and quotes that defined the first 500 days of the Trump White House.
What began with Souza's Instagram posts soon after President Trump's inauguration in January 2017 has become a potent commentary on the state of the Presidency, and our country. Some call this "throwing shade." Souza calls it telling the truth.
In Shade, Souza's photographs are more than a rejoinder to the chaos, abuses of power, and destructive policies that now define our nation's highest office. They are a reminder of a President we could believe in, and a courageous defense of American values.
- We don't want to make you stand in line for three hours, especially in December -- so we're offering tickets for specific time slots. (Ticket times are approximate, because we can't guarantee that everything will be precisely on time, but we're going to try to get everyone in as close as possible to their assigned time slots.)
- There are 20 tickets available for each time slot, and we'll remove any sold-out time slots from the list below.
- Each ticket includes one copy of Shade. Because Shade is being released on October 16, you can either pick up your book as soon as it's available, or you can wait to get it on the day of the signing.
- We'll be handing out the actual tickets the day of the event, so no need to worry about which very safe place you left yours in.
- Can't make it to the store on December 13? Order your signed copy to pick up at the store or have shipped to you. (Quantities are limited.)